Sainbury's Italian ready meal deal

I've been taken to task by some of those that know me for presenting a false image and hiding a not so secret skeleton in my closet. From the list of fine dining and quality food, which I chose in my top places in Brighton, it sounds like I'm a gourmet who traverses the streets of Brighton in search of culinary delights. While this is true I also pop a ready meal in the oven a few times a week. So this post is a slightly more practical one on how to make the most of a ready meal deal, because that's such practical advice :-) 

The Sainbury's deal with the Italian main, side and dessert is my current favourite. As an added bonus it takes about as long as I tend to run for in the evenings. The options for the main are a range of pasta based dishes, of which I've found that the spaghetti isn't too bad; the penne and lasagne based options tend to have dry rock hard bits in after cooking for a while. I also always oven cook rather than microwave, the microwave isn't really that kind to most types of food making them inedible quite easily.

Spaghetti, Salad and Gü mousse
The side options are either a salad leaf bag or a stick of garlic bread. The garlic bread is a bit much for one person (if that person is me ;) and I like the healthy feeling from a bit of green stuff, so I always go for the salad. From the dessert selection I go for the Gü anytime raspberry and chocolate mousse.

I do mean to start doing batches of my own sauces and meals ready to heat up after running, probably as soon as Sainsbury's stop doing this meal deal ;)

Comments